September 22, 2009

The Tu-Tu Attempt

Every since I randomly came across these on Etsy, I decided that I would attempt to make one for my niece, Aidyn, for her birthday.

Aidyn was with me on a Joann's run a few weeks ago and I had her pick out three favorite colors of tulle for the project.  She had no clue what I was buying it for, but she loved helping me chose the colors.  We ended up getting two yards each of blue, sage and light purple tulle.  I also picked up some elastic and a princess wand to decorate.  The wand was in their $1 bins.

Her birthday party is on Sunday, so last night, I got to work. Here are some easy how-to directions on You Tube:



The only think I did different was wrap a 60 inch piece of 1" wide satin ribbon around half-inch elastic (cut and sewn to the size of Aidyn's waste)..

The whole project took me about an hour and a half, start to finish.  It was super easy to make, too!  I packed in lots of tulle strips and really made the skirt full.  I alternated the colors by tying on three blue, then three lavender and three sage and repeating.  When I was finished, I only had about 6 strips of each left over.

I am so excited about how it turned out!  It is going to look so cute on Aidyn and I really hope she likes it!





I like it so much, that I'm considering making a neon green, pink and black one for myself if my sister decides to have another 80s party for Halloween this year.  I am loving the tutus!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say about this?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails