September 19, 2009

Trevor's Birthday Cake

My nephew Trevor's birthday was in August, and we celebrated then with family, but he wanted to have a party when he went back to school so he could invite his classmates. He wanted to have a dirt bike helmet cake after seeing one of that style on cake central. My sister got to work baking and prepping the cakes. She called me and asked if I could help with the decorating because the odd shape and weight might be tricky for one set of hands to take on alone. Of course, I obliged!

This cake took a while to complete. When I got to her house, she had the cakes stacked and cut into the helmet shape. We worked to add the front section (mouth piece) and cut out cardboard for the top. After icing it with butter cream, we rolled out the fondant and covered it. We mixed up some accent colors for the stripes and piped some designs (the big "T" on the side and a smaller "Trevor" by the front.)

Here's how it turned out:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say about this?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails