January 3, 2011

Time to pick up the sticks

I know a couple of ladies who will be having babies in the next few months.  My go-to gift has become knitted baby blankets.  I just bought some yarn and I'm anxious to start on my favorite blanket pattern.  The next blanket I'll be making is for a boy.  After using a non-traditional tweedy yarn in a taupe color for a recent baby girl blanket, I really think stepping outside of the pastel pink, blues, yellows and greens makes for a unique, heirloom-quality piece. 

The mom-to-be mentioned her nursery theme and said there were different shades of blue in the palette.  When I was out shopping at Pat Catan's, I came a cross this yarn in a really mutted shade of blue.




I really like the color and the feel of this yarn.  I really think the color will transition well from infant age through the terrible two's and beyond.

So, now I just have to locate my #9 circulars and get started.  I think her due date is in April, so the shower has to be right around the corner.

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i picked up knitting again this winter. Wish I knew new mommas to make baby blankets for!

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say about this?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails