We've been busy settling into the house and tackling the remaining improvement projects. While I'm jumping right into the housekeeping and homemaking, there are ten products that I absolutely love and want to share with all of you.
1. The Shark 2-in-1 Cordless Stick Vac and Handheld Vacuum Cleaner. We have hardwood or tile floors throughout the house and have low-pile area and accent rugs here and there. Since we don't have pets or kids, we didn't really see the need for a big, cumbersome vacuum cleaner. I wanted something lightweight, cordless and capable of sucking the dirt off our our floors and the Shark 2-in-1 works perfectly.
I like how I can vacuum the whole house on one charge and how it is great for quick pick-ups here and there. I also like the conversion to a hand-held vacuum. It's not the easiest conversion, but it works fine and does it's job. For the money, this vacuum is so much better than the old broom and dust pan.
2. Gold Canyon Candles. A few years ago, my mom, sisters and I went to a candle party where I reluctantly purchased two small candles due to the guilt one gets from attending a home candle party. I was skeptical, but when I received them I was surprised by how clean they burned and how great they smelled. I like them so much that I was hesitant to burn them more for fear of using them completely before I could order more. That same year, I held a candle party of my own right before Christmas and earned about $250 in free products. (It was the demonstrator's best party to date.) Fast forward and now one of my sisters is a demonstrator and my family has turned into candle snobs. If it's not Gold Canyon, we aren't buying or burning it. They are a better product and better value than Yankee and PartyLite and they come in a wide variety of delicious scents.
My most recent purchase was Grass. This candle is spring in a jar. It smells so good and so much like a fresh-mowed lawn. Love it!
The company also sells great candle holders and care products. Their wick trimmer is a must for any candle lover---seriously, go buy one!
3. Gold Canyon's Homeology Cleaning Products. After professing my love for their candles, how could I not profess my love for their line of plant-based cleaning products. My favorite is the floor cleaner because it smells amazing and it makes our hardwood floors look so shiny. I just spray it directly on the floor and then use a Swiffer with a dry cloth to "mop."
The all purpose and glass cleaner also have nice fragrances and work wonders. I just purchased the all natural cleanser (it is similar to Comet, but smells way better and is plant based.) The products are a little on the pricey side compared to other cleaning products, but they last a long time and are green. Purchase from my sister's site here.
4. Martha Stewart Collection 6-Piece Multi-Colored Melamine Bowl Set. Who ever though mixing bowls could be so fun? I received these as a wedding shower gift, but they came from Macy's. I love the colors, the sizes and how easy they are to clean. These bowls make my kitchen happy.
5. Potato Peeler. I don't know the proper name or brand for this, but I got it as a shower gift from a cousin who works at the Kitchen Collection. I'm not a huge fan of peeling potatoes, but doing the deed with this little guy made it more enjoyable. I mean, how can you not smile a little when you use this little guy to peel the spuds? I even received a matching potato brush--too cute!
6. Hamilton Beach Smiley Mixing Spoons. Again, got these as a shower gift and they came from the Kitchen Collection. They are literally my happy spoons. (and I refer to them as such.) They are fun, colorful and I like them. That's enough for me!
7. Scroll Banana Hanger. I purchased this functional and decorative item at Kohl's. The Mr. really wanted one and this one looked pretty, so I bought it. It keeps our bananas fresh and yellow longer. It also helps to keep the bananas in view so we eat them. We can put a big bunch of bananas on this thing and they'll stay good for about a week. Setting them on the counter could never give us the same result.
8. Bounty Quilted Napkins. The Mr. is a paper towel waster. This is a tough habit to break him of because he uses paper towels for everything. I found that buying cheaper paper towels just meant that he would used more than one at a time. I've decided that, despite the price, Bounty paper towels are necessary. While shopping in the paper goods aisle at Giant Eagle the other day, I found Bounty Quilted Napkins on sale, so I picked up two packages.
9. Plain Jane White Dinner Plates. I don't remember what brand ours our (they were a wedding gift) but they are just your basic rimmed white plates. They are classic and will never go out of style. I love how colorful and appetizing our food looks when we use them and it's an added bonus that they go with everything. I'm looking forward to how they'll adapt to different holiday decor ideas. They provide a clean canvas for tablescapes and dining room decorations. I love them!
10. Fire King Jadite Mixing Bowl. I purchased my mixing bowl at a flea market last summer and it is, by far, my most favorite thing in my kitchen. I have always loved Jadite, but never bought any before. When I saw this bowl, I new it had to be mine. Thus, the collection began. One day, I will have cupboards filled with Jadite plates and bowls and will serve dinner on them daily. I would love to have a display of unique kitchen serverware and containers made of Jadite. So far, Etsy and ebay have been my go-to places to search for great additions for my collection. This bowl is my favorite piece so far and I love that I can use it for everyday mixing and serving. (The Mr. likes to use it as a popcorn bowl.)
So, now that you've seen my list, what are some of your favorite things to use around the house?
Full disclosure: I have not been compensated in any way to review or promote the products mentioned above.